Her style in clothes aside, Olivia Palermo always has manages to achieve a flawless looking finish when it comes to her skin. Here’s how to recreat her enviable make up look.
1) Start with a radiant undercoat such as Clarins “Instant Light” in 03, I like this shade best as it contours as well as brightens. The bronzy hue gives a golden hint to the skin, gently warming up any skin type. Believe me, it works on even the palest of skins. This is vital to mimicking Olivia’s look.
2) A flawless base is an absolute must. Apply ”Real Skin Foundation” by Chantecaille – a beautiful translucent foundation that makes the skin sing. I like to use Smashbox’s Foundation Brush for this; it is my all time favourite foundation brush as it is light and smooth allowing an easy application without wasting any product or leaving any streaks.
3) Next apply blusher in a warm peachy tone; I like Nars newest addition “Sex Appeal” blush. Apply it to the middle of the cheekbone and blend down and around. Use gentle controlled movements to avoid it spreading over the entire area. The idea is to mimic Olivia’s softly sculpted cheekbones. It is essential to use Ruby and Millie’s “Cheek Brush”. It is the perfect size and shape and will do all the work for you. All too often I see people use gigantic blusher brushes, which defeats the purpose. Blush should enhance the cheekbone not smother it.
4) Brows are filled in naturally using a powder and angle brush. I suggest trying a light texture with a good pigment that is easy to use. I love Laura Mercier “ Brow Powder Duo” It allows you to mix and match your perfect shade. Smashbox “Angle Brush” is its ultimate partner.
5) Eyes can be complete in a few easy steps. First use a base shadow with hold. Bobbi Brown Long wear cream shadow in “Beach Honey” will best recreate Olivia’s look. They act as both a base and a shadow combined. I apply it with my fingers. Next start from the outside corner with a grey black shadow such as Smashbox Matte shadow in “Blackout” with their eye definer brush, work from the outer corner, half way in, patting it on to begin with then lightly blending from the base of the lid to the socket. Use what’s left on the brush to blend half way in under the root of the lower lash.
6) Add false lashes to the top lash line. Laura Mercier Centre False lash opens the eye and softens the overall look, just as Olivia has done. Add a couple of layers of “Thickening and Building Mascara” from the same brand. It is one of my favourite mascaras. It builds volume and drama but never cakes. Add a little to the lower lashes too. A quick line of “Jet” Creamy eye pencil by Bobbi Brown three quarters of the way inside the water line see’s the eye look complete.
7) Lips have to be Tom Ford “Warm Sable” lip colour applied straight from the bullet with a coat of Bobbi Browns Lip gloss in “Nougat” on top.
By Ciara O’Shea